Sunday 20 January 2013

Crochet Infinity Scarf



 




Here is a free pattern of this beautiful crochet scarf that I made. This is the very first item that I have crocheted, it is so wearable and cute, and so easy to do. Lets get started :)


For this project I used a size 5 crochet hook and standard yarn. For every new kind of stitch I will link you to a website that clearly explains how to do it. 




  1. Start by making a slip knot and then chain until it is 54 inches (137cm) long. The number of chains will very depending on the type of yarn and hook that you use.
2. Conect the chain with a slip knot to make a loop.
3. Single crochet all the way around the loop once, putting one stitch into each chain until you get to the beginning of your loop. Attach to first stitch in the row with a slip stitch.
4. Chain 3 and then double crochet all the way around again. Attach to first stitch in the row with a slip stitch.
5. Chain 2 and half double crochet around again. Attach to first stitch in the row with a slip stitch.
6. Continue in this pattern until your scarf is as wide as you would like it to be. Mine is about 6 rows of this pattern or 7 inches.
7. Tie off and weave in ends. 
8. Enjoy, and let me know how it turns out!



This is a free pattern and you may sell the final product, but please mention that you found it here. 
Pictures taken by Katie :)

2 comments:

  1. I used your pattern as a base, but used a larger needle and added a row of triple crochets after the row of half doubles to give it a little more space and texture. It turned out beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that it turned out! I love that idea, i had not yet learnt the triple crochet stitch, maybe on my next scarf I will try out your idea :)

      Delete